Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Training Update

Ok, so I have been diligent in my rehab schedule for my ankle and it is really starting to pay off! It doesn't look completely perfect yet- a little swollen and bumpy- but the bruising is completely gone and I can actually put my full weight on it.

Given this, I decided to run outside yesterday evening so I plugged in my iPod and away I went. My goal was to just test out my ankle and make sure that I wasn't going to further injure it; I was thinking I'd run maybe a mile or so. I checked my miles a couple of songs in and I had already run almost two miles so I decided I'd keep going. My ankle was feeling great, but I was paying extra attention to my steps so I didn't trip or slide and be back at square one. A few more songs went by and I was almost at three miles, so I kept on. It got a little uncomfortable a little after the 3 mile mark, but I figured I'd gone that far, i could make it home. I reached the corner of my neighborhood before I had to stop and my total mileage was 3.9! WOOT!

I was so excited and feel like this half marathon thing is actually not going to be so bad.

Tip- athletic tape is working WAY better for my ankle than all the stupid braces and compression bands I've used and is WAY more comfortable.

No comments: