Friday, February 6, 2009

Crisis

I was having a conversation with a good friend the other day and it went a little something like this:

Me: So what's new?

Friend: Nothing... I just realized that I may never get married and after a good freak out, I'm ok with that. Have you ever thought about it? I mean, really thought about getting married?

Me: Of course. You know me, I pretty much have my life planned out and in a scrapbook just waiting for the physical pictures to put in there.

Friend: ... and how is that going for you? The scrapbook, I mean? How many pictures have you gotten in your "Life Plan" scrapbook?

Me: Hmmm... so, not many I guess. Oh well, it's a little bit on hold.

Friend: How long has that been on hold?

Me: Well, now that I think about it, since three or so years after high school graduation. Well, kind of. I have my mental checklist of what's I'm supposed to do and what I want to accomplish and I have added a couple of things and completed those, but the original big stuff is still waiting to be completed...

Friend: Hmm.

Me: Geez, that's depressing.

Friend: Yeah, that's why I'm ok with not getting married. I can take it off of my "check list". Takes the pressure off. I feel pretty good about it.

Me: I'm glad you feel good. I've gotta get going... I need to go have a quarter life crisis and eat a gallon of ice cream and then run it off out of guilt.

... I didn't go eat that much ice cream... just a bite, but as I'm starting to work on my list for 2009, I'm thinking I need to overhaul my original "Life To Do List" so I don't stress out too much, because if I leave it as it is now, I'm going to have a melt down.

Thank you, good friend, for inducing some premature hysteria in my life. I must have needed it?

No comments: