Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Wave of Enthusiasm and Motivation

I met with a coworker last week and found it to be very motivating. It's amazing what a simple conversation with someone can do- it changed my whole outlook on so many things! Originally I met with this person to discuss job-related stuff and where I really want to go. (We are really encouraged to take on mentors and create relationships that will help us with our career paths at my current company.) Anyhow, so after talking with this person something inside me just clicked and I feel like I have enough time and energy to get everything I need and want to get done accomplished.

I went home that night and painted my nails... seems a little off topic, but totally not. I realized that after almost 2 weeks of not biting my nails, they were finally long enough to paint. I gave myself a little manicure as a reward. Nails were on my "To Do" list. One down. Now that they look nice, it'll be easy to stop myself from biting.

I also ate pretty healthily (besides the burger I ate yesterday on the way home from the beach, but I was too hungry to care and there weren't many things open on the coast at 7pm). It's a little easier every day. I'm not depriving, just limiting portions... and eating a TON of fresh fruits and veggies. Oranges are my new obsession.

Going to Yoga again tonight with my sister. Did at least one active thing each day over the weekend and am continuing that this week. I feel pretty good. Legs still hurt, but that's what the hot tub is for.

Decided to register as a full-time student for Spring term instead of part time. Luckily, they offer some of the classes I need online whereas last year they only offered regular classes. Since I'm not planning on quitting my job any time soon, online courses really help me out so I can actually be at home some nights. I think the only "regular" class I'm taking (that I physically have to show up for) is a music class. SWEET.

I'm really liking where I am right now for the most part. I'm glad that I was so easily motivated and am challenging myself to help give that motivation and support to my friends and family as they try to tackle their "To Do" lists.

No comments: