Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To Do List

I was making lists today... sometimes I do that when I have extra time on my hands at work. I made a grocery list, a list of music I needed to download, and then I made a list of "To Do's" for this year. Here it is:

1. Run the 2009 Nike Hood to Coast relay.
2. Run the Helvetia Half Marathon.
3. Wear a bikini to the pool and look good in it.
4. Eat more organic and natural foods.
5. Stop wearing foundation and most make-up.
6. Drink less diet soda... or any soda and drink more water.
7. Stop biting and picking at my nails.


No, these are not "resolutions" nor are they "goals"; they are literally things I am going to do this year. I've already gotten started on all but the soda one-which is tough for me because I LOVE Coke Zero and Ginger Ale. As most of you already know, I've been running and training to get me ready for the races, which also helps with the bikini one (however once I get in shape enough for that I will have to purchase a bikini...). I've stopped wearing as much make-up as I normally do which was hard for the first few days because I felt so naked and strange (I am kind of overly aware of any skin problems on my face) but I got over it and now I just do powder to keep from being shiny and then eyeliner and mascara. Organic and natural foods are more expensive, but I think it's worth it. I bought a cute small water bottle that I can take anywhere with me, but I broke down today and bought a Coke Zero from the machine at work. I haven't bitten my nails since Saturday and have been using a nail conditioner and cuticle oil to start repairing the 23 years of damage I've done to them. I've started chewing a lot of gum.

Usually I overwhelm myself with my "To Do" lists and stress out until I drop a couple of them, but I really feel on top of things this year and I think I need to prove to myself that I can do all of them.

... and I realized today while sweating on the elliptical trainer that I CAN do them all, I was just in my own way before.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

You're awesome! I'm stuggling with my own "to do list" but I want it to happen, so it will. I wish I could wear a bikini this summer. I will never be able to wear one after having babies, except around the house and in my own backyard. Good luck on making things happen, I know you'll be able to do it!

Heather said...

Thanks for the encouragement!