Friday, March 12, 2010

" I Love You So Much It's Retarded"



In case you were uninformed, it is my birthday week! (Remember last year when I declared that you get a whole week instead of a day? Well, I declared it and stuck to it.)

So the past few years' birthdays have come and gone with only one thing really sticking out as memorable to me- me getting old. But this year is very different in a very good way.

I'm a quarter century old, and guess what? I. Feel. Amazing.


Since yesterday was my actual birthday, a lot of nice/fun things happened.

1. My office was decorate when I came in with balloons and streamers and poster, etc. It was great!


2. BF sent me flowers at work with THE. BEST. CARD. EVER. He sent me daisies (which are my favorite!) and a card that read simply, " I love you so much it's retarded". Now, this may seem a little off to some of you but it's from one of my favorite movies of all time, Nick and Norah's Inifinte Playlist. I can't explain it and do it any sort of justice, but I can tell you that BF and I say this to each other all of the time. It's sort of our thing. And it's kind of a joke. But in a sweet strange way. Alright... moving on.

3. I had the best foods all day long. First I had bagels and cream cheese and apple juice for breakfast, then I had grilled asparagus, steamed halibut and cous cous for lunch, then I had chocolate ice cream and whipped cream for snack and then dinner was crab cream cheese wontons and pad thai and mushroom chicken from Happy Panda. To top it all off, instead of a cake, BF bought me Cinnabon for dessert. OMG. I almost died from food bliss.

4. A coworker bought me a lifetime supply of gummy bears. ( I always have them on hand at work).

5. The good people at work gave me a Nike gift card which I promptly used at the employee store and got me 2 sweet Hurley shirts and a pair of THE AWESOMEST CHUCK TAYLOR'S EVER. They are sparkly leopard print. Nothing screams "me" more than these shoes.

6. My mom bought me a new set of pots and pans that I've been eyeing for months. I got the red speckled Paula Dean set. I really like red and I LOVE Paula Dean.

7. BF got me: tickets to Manchester Orchestra (playing tonight), a PastaSaurus pasta scoop shaped like a dinosaur's head- something I've talked myself out of buying every time I go to Powell's but always look at, and 3 vampire movies that my collection is lacking- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 30 Days of Night, and John Carpenter's Vampires (because I've always been into vampire movies).


As my birthday week continues I will take pics and I will probably have an huge post this weekend from the festivities.


Also, happy birthday to all of my fellow March birthdays!

2 comments:

The Klappoths said...

Heather, I love Paula Dean too! Lets bake and cook with lots of butter when we get old, and aquire southern accents while we're at it. No one will care we make/eat devastatingly delicious, unhealthy foods because thats what old grannies are supposed to do!!! I'm so glad you had a great week!

Heather said...

I LOVE PAULA DEAN SO MUCH! If there is a way to make something bad for you, she'll find a way. I watched her Thanksgiving special this year about her version of T-day foods and I about died. I would've eaten EVERYTHING on that table.