Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TMI About Hair, and Bodybuilding

I hate body hair... on me. I don't mind it on other people and usually I don't even notice it- unless it is extreme. I don't think I spend an unusual amount of time taking care of this pet peeve of mine; the process has streamlined since I've been de-fuzzing my arms and legs since high school so it really takes no extra time at all anymore. One thing that I absolutely hate is having to shave under my arms. I don't know why, but I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a soapy finger than do this.

My sister got a job and she now works at a company who has a sister company attached to it that does laser hair removal. I'm seriously thinking about LHR for my pits. It's expensive, but I feel that it would be worth it. Spend the money all at once and one would probably end up saving in the long run on razors, shaving cream, etc. right? Right. So I guess I'm saving up for this.

What got me on this body hair topic? BF.

Sorry, BF, but this may be embarassing for you. Well, probably not since you flex in a man-kini, or as you call it a "posing suit".

BF, as you may know, is into Bodybuilding. Not the huge ugly puffy bodybuilding, but the hey-that-guy-looks-like-an-anatomy-figurine bodybuilding (meaning no steriods and strange habits here). That's sort of the point, you are supposed to show how defined your muscles are. He does things mostly the old fashioned way- eating cleanly and often, working out with a plan, cardio, etc. This also means that come competition time he has to be tan and hairless because how can you see the muscles if they are hidden under a blanket of hair? Not that BF has a blanket of hair. He's not crazy-hairy-gym-guy (more about him later).

Last week during spring break, BF got waxed from a nice lady at Sugar Laboratories. I want to pause here and reiterate that this is not something BF does on a regular or even semi regular basis; ONLY BEFORE COMPETITIONS. Anyway, so we hung out shortly after the waxing and he was so dang soft and smooth. I have to admit that I was a little jealous. I am supposed to be the soft and smooth one! Thus I started thinking about permanent solutions so that I will be the soft and smooth one all the time.

Ugh. So after thinking about it more, I basically want to get my WHOLE BODY done with the LHR.

Technology is a blessing and curse (on my finances).

2 comments:

Mandee said...

What a wonderful time we live in! I got LHR a few years ago and want to do it again...and again... and again... I need a job.

Heather said...

LOL, it just seems so much easier... and they say that LHR will eventually get rid of any hair growth completely so I'm totally down for that.