Thursday, October 14, 2010

And I'm Home... For Now

Just got back from Sunriver, OR.  It was nice, but just like everywhere else I've been lately I was allergic to it.  I'm not quite sure what "it" is, but something.  And it wasn't just me this time.  Some of my coworkers got rashy and itchy and sneezy... it must have been the pine pollen up there.  Who knows.

Anyway...

I was home all weekend trying to unpack the house and get it in some sort of state of organization and stability.  BF and I didn't finish everything, and then I was off to Sunriver until last night for work.  It stressed me out beyond belief to leave a mess at home, especially since BF had to live in it while I was gone... sorry!  Anyway, so work was fun, but it was still work. 

I drove up to Bend at 6am on Tuesday morning with an SUV full of groceries and meeting supplies.  I arrived in Bend around 8:15 or so and headed to the grocery store to pick up the ice cream and other items that I didn't feel like driving with then pulled up to the Sunriver Resort around 9:30 and started unloading.  To my dismay the main house we rented had the kitchen and living areas UPSTAIRS so I carried 1 GIGANTIC cooler up the stairs, two costco cases of beer, two 20x20x20 inch boxes full of supplies and 7 grocery bags up the stairs all by myself to get things set up.  I finished putting things away and prepping around 11am and watched TV for 30 minutes while I waited for the rest of my group to arrive for lunch.  We grabbed sandwiches at one of the little cafes in Sunriver and then headed to our afternoon activity.

This was the most fun part of the whole trip:  Bike Scavenger Hunt.  The adventure company set us up on a bike scavenger hunt, split us into 2 teams and sent us out into Sunriver.  We had a list of clues to find the locations and a disposable camera to take pictures once we got there.  It was a blast!  It was also a great workout and I think we ended up biking around 7 miles over the hour and 45 minute activity. 



We didn't really ride this one...

We had meetings all day on Wednesday, so I left Sunriver for home around 4:30... of course I had to stop at Starbucks and the Nike Store in Bend on my way :)  Right outside of Sisters, OR they were having a controlled burn near the highway so we had to crawl down the highway at around 15 miles an hour for a few miles, so I didn't get to Salem until 7:00!  I got home just after 8pm and was SO exhausted I could've cried.  And almost did.

Then I got a migraine and spent the rest of my evening on the couch with BF, trying not to throw up. 

The plan for today, tomorrow and the weekend is to get the rest of our new place in order!  I'm hoping I'll be done Saturday morning so I can be lazy the rest of the weekend.

No comments: