Monday, October 18, 2010

And I'm Off...

It was a nice weekend.  I got more house stuff done so our place is actually looking habitable instead of the maze of boxes it once was.  Also, I had to buy lamps for our living room.  No one ever told me how expensive LAMPS are.  Are you joking me?  I spent $86 on two lamps because guess what, you buy everything separately.  I bought the two lamps, two lamp shades, two lightbulbs and then two harps to hold the dang lampshades up.  Don't know what a harp is for lamps?  Neither did I.  It got me even more because all lamps and house accessories were 20% off.  That was the 20% off price!  UGH!


Anyway, so I did a lot of organizing and purging of clothes and I still have a lot to do in that area, but we are getting there.  I don't think I'd move anywhere new soon at this point because I am SO DONE with boxes of stuff. 

So I was home for a few days (Thursday through today) and tomorrow I'm off to California for work stuff and even though it will be fun I'm going to hate it because I just want to be home.  I'm not the best flyer, and I feel bad moving into a brand new place and leaving BF all alone in our disorganized home.  Also, I just want to go to work, go to the gym, go home and hang out with BF.  That's it.  I'm not that exciting.  I save my exciting adventures for the weekends. 

When I get home from California I will be home for 2 days before I head up to Washington for 4 days.  In those two days BF and I have to find pumpkins for the pumpkin carving party we are going to on Saturday, get our halloween costumes together, unpack old stuff and repack new stuff for my travels AND do all of the regular house stuff that needs to be done (grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc). Another reason I'd rather be at home.


BUT, good times are coming.  BF's birthday is coming up, and then Halloween!  And before you know it it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas!  I LOVE the holidays and cannot wait.

2 comments:

The Klappoths said...

Did you look at Target for lamps? I think our lamp was 30 bucks, and everything is about the same price and you don't have to buy things separately AND they're good lamps.

Heather said...

I did, but nothing matched our house... ugh.