Monday, October 11, 2010

NEVER AGAIN

Dani, you were right... that is exactly how I feel. 


Moving is not one of my favorite things. I was super excited to move to a place with BF.  I'm still excited about having a place together, but I'm just so exhausted from moving I want to crawl in bed for a week.  And we still aren't done.  We have unpacked most things and only have a few boxes left, but mostly we are working on finding homes for all of our belongings. 

We spent Thursday evening moving essential things over (soap, toilet paper, some food) and then I took Friday off so we could rent a truck and move all of the big furniture stuff.  It took ALL DAY and I got a pretty good work out.  My dad came and helped us so it went a lot faster than I anticipated.  I spent most of Saturday opening boxes and moving things to the correct rooms in the house and unpacking them.

I think we've decided to have a garage sale at my parents' house because BF and I don't have a garage or a driveway so having a garage sale at our place is pretty much impossible.  We have multiples of things since we've combined our house "stuff" and I have things that I don't really use but it's all in great condition so we just need to get it out.  Then I think with the money we earn we are going to buy a new Samsung flat screen tv- mostly because I like me some Samsung products and own one of their televisions already and LOVE it.  Or we'll put the money towards plane tickets to Costa Rica.  Yes, we are going there this summer. More on that later.

Also, our new place has NO PANTRY.  I don't know why I didn't realize that.  So I headed to the Ikea yesterday with my mother in tow to find a suitable freestanding cubbard or shelf unit for a pantry.  I found the Värde cabinet that is pretty dang heavy duty and the perfect size for storing our food. 


It was a pretty heavy box and when I got it home and opened it I realized that this may be one of the only SOLID WOOD pieces of furniture Ikea makes.  Seriously, those side panels and legs are SOLID WOOD.  Anyway, I think it's good so that it'll hold up well for us. 

So last night we spent FOREVER putting the thing together so we could get all of the food put away when we realized that we put the shelves on backwards.  And when we realized that we also realized that to get the shelves turned around we have to take the WHOLE THING APART to do that.  So we gave up and went to Walmart to get Halloween candy and minced garlic.

Speaking of Halloween... we've decided what our costumes will be this year.  I'll give you a couple hints as to what we may be dressing up as:  hair gel, spray tans, hair poofs. 

Anyway, I'm out of town for work for two days this week so I feel super bad leaving BF in a messy, half unpacked house, but that's my next thing to tackle when I get back.

And moving again?  Not any time soon if I can help it!
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

The Klappoths said...

That's easy, Jersey Shore. I know this because I'm dying to be Snookie.

Heather said...

hahahaa! I'm totally gonna be JWOW. And Rian's gonna be Pauly D!