Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And Then You Really Start to Freak Out

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm totally stressed out about the wedding and wedding planning and up until this point I've been relatively calm because I pretty much already knew what I wanted and got the BIG stuff out of the way back before the holidays (you know... the dress, the venue, the menu).  But for some reason this week I've gone from floating along in pre-wedding bliss to completely losing my mind.  Is this normal?  

Mostly what I'm freaking out about it how much it costs to actually have a wedding.  I see why people elope in Vegas.   Who knows why this didn't hit me back when I started planning.  I did an original cost analysis for our budget and it has not gone up, but I guess when it's a year out you aren't as worried about having that money. Also, someone needs to explain to me why something costs more when you put the words "wedding" or "bride" in front of it.  Suddenly a cake goes from $50 to $500 because it's a "wedding" cake instead of a fancy-could-be-birthday-or-maybe-just-a-special-occasion-cake.  Really?

Anyway, last night BF and I got down and dirty with wedding planning.  We started combing through our wedding invite list to see whose addresses we still needed (quite a few!) and who may have been inadvertently left off the list completely (mostly just a handful of folks we forgot we were related to, is that awful? I feel awful!).  We also spent a good chunk of the night picking out wedding music:  pre-ceremony music and processional music and recessional music, don't forget the first dance and the father-daughter dance and the mother-son dance.  We actually really enjoyed this part of planning because we love music and have so many inside jokes with good songs that we were laughing on the couch far into the night at our wedding party music.  

So here's what we've got left to do this week/weekend:

1.  Find a florist.  UGH.  I dont know why this bothers me so much, but it just does.  
2.  Find shoes- I may be going barefoot at this point.  I don't even know what kind I want.  Maybe nice sandals?  Heels probably won't cut it.  
3.  Finish registering at Macy's.  
4.  Pick our cake flavors and design.  Meeting on Sunday with the cake lady.


And then the next few weeks will be filled with:
1.  Getting the boys/men measured for their suits and picking the suits.
2.  Getting a dress for my MOH.
3.  Getting my mom and MIL together to pick our their outfits.
4.  Getting my mom and MIL together to discuss table decorations.
5.  Getting our engagement photos done.
6.  Not losing our minds.

I'm sure there is plenty I'm forgetting.  

So send me your sanity vibes and I know I'll be good.

No comments: