Friday, April 13, 2012

Wrapping Up the Week

It's Friday!  And I'm so excited that it is.


This week has been SOOOO LOOOONNNGGG for whatever reason.  Probably because I'm a little grumpy and tired from eating healthy and working out hard... but, you know, Hawaii and a wedding are great motivators.  


I feel I did pretty well this week. I managed to get a good weight lifting day in as well as a  handful of runs and even tried Power Yoga at work (more on that in a minute).  I ate really well and mostly stuck to my plan (I did have one breakdown where I ate 2 Girl Scout Samoas, but I logged them in my food journal so I'm ok!) despite there being about a million parties and bake sales at work this week.  I'm not even joking.  About a thousand women are pregnant at work and due very soon so we've had a barrage of Baby Showers this week complete with sugary fruit punches, cupcakes, brownies, regular cakes, cookies, ice cream, you name it and it was there.  We are also doing fundraising at work for one of our charities so 3 different groups have had bake-sales and I have a hard time passing up some homemade goodies... but I did!  So I'm pretty proud of myself.  It also helps to know that I get a "cheat meal" this weekend.


Anyhow, so I joined the gym at work because it's just more convenient and they offer a lot of super awesome classes that I've always wanted to try.  I've done Yoga before and I even have been making it to the weekly beginners classes at work but I was getting bored.  I decided I would turn it up a notch this week and attend the Power Yoga I class thinking it would be the step up I needed to keep me going.  Well, I was a little shocked when I showed up to a HEATED ROOM, but decided I could handle it.  I was drenched in sweat 15 into the workout and was ready to fall over after half an hour.  It was challenging!  The instructor kept us moving pretty much the entire time and any time we held a position it was usually in a difficult pose that really worked you out.  I woke up Thursday morning sore from it!  But I did like it and I think I'll keep going- but this time I'll bring ice water, less clothing and a towel.


I've also been working on Wedding stuff this week, so mostly right now working on getting all of the addresses I need so we can send out our Save the Date cards and at the end of May our invitations.  I'm getting so excited, but also anxious!  I see why people elope because waiting for the day to happen is hard!


We are definitely glad it's Friday and have a pretty laid back weekend planned.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will get to BBQ!

No comments: