Monday, April 2, 2012

The "Holy Crap I'm Getting Married in 5 Months and Possibly Going on a Hawaiian Vacation in 2 Months" Freakout/Plan

I am back from travels and so glad to be home in the NW!  It's still cold and rainy, but not as cold and rainy as it used to be.  Also, rumor has it that we are supposed to start warming up here soon!  Fingers crossed.


While I'm glad to be back home I've got some real work to do.  While out and about in my travels, BF called to let me know that we may be taking a family vacation with his parents to Hawaii this summer (June or July).  I am super excited about it, but also it means that I need to get back into bikini shape quick! On top of that I realized that I will have my dress fitting and tailoring in 3.5 months from now, so TODAY is the first day towards reaching my bathing-suit body goal.


I am committing to make healthy meal choices each day, to take my vitamins and supplements daily (I forget about those a lot!), to exercise in some form at least 5 days a week and to up my water in take.  I've started journaling my food so I can hold myself accountable and am giving myself 1 cheat meal a week (sound familiar?).  I know I can do it, but for some reason I just fell off the work out and eat healthy cycle I had going on and now it seems like this is going to be hard.


For instance, yesterday I decided that since it wasn't down-pouring, I would run outside around the neighborhood.  It was awful!  I felt like my legs were running through molasses- I knew I could go faster but for some reason my legs just didn't. That may partially be due to being out of shape and partially due to the fact that the day before I had done the stair-master at the gym and tired myself out.  I felt pretty defeated, but I told myself I would run again this week and it would be better.  I'm also trying some new classes at my work gym.  This week I'm going to lose my inhibitions and try Zumba with one of my coworkers.  I bet it's fun, but I bet I will look like an idiot!


Anyhow, wedding plans are coming along nicely.  We started doing our registries and have scheduled the cake tasting for a few weeks from now!  I pick up our invitations this week so I have started scrubbing through my list of addresses (what a task!).  More to come soon!

No comments: