Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Time for Skirts and Dresses, Ya'll

Ok, it's officially Spring here in the Pacific Northwest as evidenced in our 80+ degree weekend!  Which means I spent this morning fretting (did I just say that?) over what to wear.  Because SUN + WARMTH= cute clothing.  Although, I do love me some cold weather sweaters and scarves.  Anyway, it's just nice that we aren't wading around in wellies and rain coats every  day now, just on occasion. 


Even though we did some major reorganizing and cleaning because of the move I feel like I should take the opportunity again this week to pour through my wardrobe and clean it up a bit.  That way I can see what I really need and what I actually already have.  With so many cute spring and summer clothes in the stores right now it's hard to resist the shopping urge (which I must, with a wedding to pay for and all).  But I know I'll still need a few items to spruce my wardrobe up a bit for the more pleasant weather and I cannot wait.


Also, it's now the season for pedicures so I investing in a few new nail polish shades and am excited to unveil my hot pink shade today... in  my sandals.  Because it's going to be 80 degrees again today!


Ok, so back to what really matters today:  Wedding Stuff.  BF and I had our cake tasting yesterday and went a totally different direction than I thought we would, but it's a good thing.  We tasted some amazing flavors and fillings and finally decided what we wanted.  I'm excited to see our baker's rendering of our design ideas later this week.  What was really awesome was that the baker we went with does cake tastings once a month with multiple couples so when you are done tasting your cakes, you can taste whatever flavors they had samples as well.  That was awesome because we ended up picking our top tier flavor and filling from someone else's samples!


Tomorrow we are meeting with a potential photographer and hopefully we will have that nailed down and can move on to finding an awesome florist.  If you have any recommendations I would love to hear about them!


Oh and I almost forgot-  we don't have anyone to officiate our wedding yet.  We have a guy we need to call, but on Saturday night I had a dream that I was at a work meeting but it was being held at an elementary school (for some odd reason) and we didn't have an activity for people to do so the school invited us to one of their assemblies for the kids and the speaker at the school assembly was DAVE GROHL and I freaked the freak out (in my dream, of course).  And he spoke to the kids about I-don't-know-what and I asked the secretary at the school how in the world they got DAVE. GROHL. to come speak to the kiddies and she said, "well, we just asked..." and then in my dream I had a revelation that I should just ask Dave Grohl to officiate at BF and my wedding and I woke up practically screaming at giddy and shouted to BF, "We are going to ask DAVE GROHL to officiate our WEDDING!!!!  I'm going to write him a letter THIS WEEK!!!" and BF looked at me like he didn't understand a darn word I said, but I didn't care.  So I may just do that.


So here's to a great spring week with more sunny days than we are used to!


No comments: