Monday, April 9, 2012

If I had 3 Wishes...

I would use at least one to rid myself and the world of allergies forever.  The other 2 I'd really have to think about.  But Spring is finally here!


So the weekend was pretty awesome.  I love spring and all of the flowers and fun that it brings, and this year BF and I have quite the project on our hands with this new yard.  You see, the previous owners did not take great care of it and the projects they did do were done... poorly.  Needless to say we have a lot of clean up to do before we can even start making it look the way we want.


I started Saturday morning by taking a nice run around the neighborhood because it wasn't raining!  It was actually beautiful outside and I had to take full advantage.  After my run I came home and started cleaning up the yard a bit (meaning poo patrol) and then got the cleaning bug and started picking up other things from our yard like the 3 full plastic recycling bins that the previous owners left in the corner of the patio to rot full of yard clippings, leaves and junk.  After cleaning outside I moved inside and thoroughly cleaned our downstairs.  It felt great to start the weekend off with a clean house (mostly, don't ask about upstairs). 


After all of that cleaning I started to really feel my allergies kick into high gear and the rest of the weekend I have been in a Benadryl haze.  I tried not to take any this morning so I could function at work, but I may have to give in this afternoon.


Anyhow, we got to see some of our friends Saturday afternoon and do some shopping, eating and movie watching.  It was quite enjoyable.   Also, BF is the WORST at keeping secrets.  Here's what happened:


Saturday night before the movie we were hanging out in the kitchen and we had some music on.  One of my favorite songs came on and I said to BF "We should ask Steve to play this at our wedding, that would be awesome".


BF's response was so confusing to me I had no idea what was going on.  He scrunched up his face and look at me liked I killed his best friend!  Then he said, "Hang on" and jetted out of the kitchen, but backpedaled and came back, looked at me and took off upstairs.  


I was calling after him, "What are you doing?  What is going on?" only to get back a "WAIT!!!".  


BF came down a minute later with his guitar and played the song for me, which made me cry because it was so darn sweet.  He then told me that he had been working on learning it for the last 6 months and was having a hard time keeping it a secret because he wanted to be able to play it for me at our wedding.  He is just too adorable.  I reminded him that he didn't have to tell me the secret and could have just gone along with the Steve thing, but oh well.  It was a great surprise anyway.


Easter was amazing and we got to spend time with BF's family and have meal #1 and then spend time with my family and have meal #2.  Holiday meals are the best and the worst!  I definitely need to eat better this week to make up for it all.


How was your Easter weekend?

No comments: