Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 2- Remembering Snacks

Yesterday, Day 2, wasn't all that bad.  I ate well again and remembered to journal my food and drink enough water and even managed to get out and run a 5k.  What did me in was not remembering to eat a snack when I came back from my run.


I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but if I run and don't eat when I'm done I get crazy awful stomachaches. Stomachaches so bad I feel like I have the flu and I'm going to throw up and I can't get comfortable.  That happened last night.  I came back from my run feeling pretty good.  I did a slower pace- 9 and a half minute miles since I haven't been running as regularly just to get back into the swing of things. I did a cool down walk when I got back and stretched and drank water and then went and showered.  After getting sweats on, BF and I hung out with the puppies on the couch and watched a "blah" movie that arrived from Netflix.  Halfway through the movie I felt so sick I was afraid to move.  After about 20 minutes of fighting back my vomit reflex I made myself eat some crackers and drink some water, which helped a bit, but I had that stomachache until I went to bed!  


So lesson learned, eat a healthy snack after my runs or workouts!


Today I'm trying Zumba for the first time.  I will for sure be in the back of the class tripping over my own two feet, but I'm excited!

No comments: