Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lovely Things I Cannot Live Without

... right now, that is.
1. Havarti Cheese.

2. My bright blue Snuggie. Oh yes, I have one. Oh yes... it's SOOOO comfy, and I must admit I feel a little like Mickey Mouse in "Fantasia" with it on. Don't judge me.

3. My Nike Free Trainer 7.0 sneakers. They are like putting your foot in heaven. I want more pairs in different colors because I don't think I'll ever want to wear another pair of shoes ever again. Seriously.


4. Strawberry Rose tea. Celestial Seasonings makes it. It tastes nothing like rose and only a little bit like strawberry, but it's SO good. And I can only find it at Albertson's for some reason.

5. Running shorts with built in spandex shorts... because I cannot stand it when I'm running and my running shorts are falling or bunching and my spandex layer is staying put. I want them both to stay put. A few companies make this lovely combo, but I'm partial to one (can you guess which one?)

6. "My Custom Van"- by Michael Ian Black. Yes, the same MIB that is part of Stella. The same MIB that frequently appears on VH1's "I Love the ..." series. It's a hilarious compilation of essays that he's written about various topics, most of which are laugh out loud funny. You can find it in the "Essays" section at your local bookstores... even though it should be in humor; but then again, so should David Sedaris.

7. Oranges. There's nothing better than a fresh sweet orange.

8. Japanese Juniper Bonsai. This may be strange, but I'm totally in love with my little Bonsai. I get so excited about watering and misting it- almost like having a pet. I may name it. I think it may be more masculine so I'll start with guy names and see if any of them stick. Again, don't judge me. Some of you have children. I have a cat and a tree.

9. Horseradish. I've put it on every sandwich I've eaten in the past week and it's fabulous. It gives just the right amount of kick, without being numb-your-mouth, make-you-sweat hot. I just put a little dab of it on the mayo side of the sandwich and spread it pretty thinly.

10. High Ball Energy drinks. They aren't full of crap and sugar and aren't too sweet to drink. Actually, they aren't that sweet at all. They are sugar free, only 10 calories, and are chock full of vitamins and minerals so you don't have that "crash" in a few hours from it. Plus, they come in a cute little glass bottle that's SO easy to recycle. They carry them at random stores... and not all stores have it at all locations. Sometimes they are with the "Natural" foods, sometimes with the juices and sodas. But I urge you to try one if you are so inclined.


2 comments:

Mandee said...

"Mickey Mouse in Fantasia" hahaha! I am SO judging you right now.

Heather said...

Fine, judge me... but at least I'm warm and comfy... and possibly magical.