Tuesday, April 7, 2009

UTAH... without pictures

So I went to Utah last week and got back last night. Sure, I brought my camera, but did I take any pictures? No. Why? Because I was too busy to remember. Then on my drive home yesterday I looked over and saw my sad little camera still in the case on the passenger seat. Not that there weren't wonderful beautiful things to take pictures of, especially on Sunday when the weather was "absolutely premium"... but you know how it goes. Oh well.

I drove, by myself, to Utah on Wednesday which took WAY too long because it decided to snow in the Blue Mountains so the trucks and such had to stop and chain up and we had to climb the passes going a "safe" speed. And by safe I mean UNBEARABLY SLOW. So instead of the 11 or so hours it should have taken it took more like 14. Awesome. But once I got part way into Idaho it was clear and easy the rest of the way. Except when I almost peed my pants.

Did anyone know that there are about a million off ramps between Burley, Idaho and Tremonton, Utah... but NOT ONE of them has any services (ie: Gas Stations, Restaurants, BATHROOMS). In order to keep myself motivated to drive I kept a full supply of cold water and Vitamin Energy water with me... bad idea. So while I was out in the middle of nowhere I found that I really needed to go... badly. I had to wiggle in my seat until I FINALLY found a rest stop with a ladies room a couple miles outside of Tremonton. I sprinted to the bathroom and barely made it in. There was a nice family that had stopped to stretch their legs and I had flown into the parking lot and seriously flung myself as fast as I could out of my car and didn't even bother to take anything with me or lock my car up. They just stared at me, mouths open as they stood around their car. I didn't care. I probably looked a right mess from driving all day as well.

Anyway, so we ate at The Pie in Salt Lake Wednesday night; I had the Greek pizza and it was a dream. Thursday I went to the Salt Lake Temple and then around town shopping (like I need to do more shopping). Friday I went shopping some more and drove up to Park City with Katrina, who happens to be one of the funniest people ever. Side Note: Katrina should move to Portland, it just makes sense. After our hilarious trek up the canyon, we came back down and I watched Slumdog Millionaire at the boys' house. Saturday we went to the afternoon session of conference which was amazing, but parking was a nightmare and it rained/sleeted/snowed on us. More shopping ensued and I went out to dinner with Dani and had some delicious onion rings at Goodwood. We then came home and watched a fabulous movie of which I will not name for Dani's sake (because she might die if someone we know read this and made fun of her for it). All I'll say is that it was a new movie that I happened to see twice in theaters and have just happened to read the series 3 times.

Sunday was a regular Sunday. We watched conference from home and napped all day until evening when I napped and watched Food Network until bedtime. Monday morning I got up and drove home. The weather was fabulous and it was an enjoyable but LONG drive. I did NOT almost pee my pants on the way home, thankfully.

I do feel bad for not having taken one single picture of anything in Utah or during my drives. Oh well, that just gives me a reason to go back!

No comments: