Tuesday, April 14, 2009

NEW.FAVORITE.BAND.

Ok, I'm a little bit hesitant to share this with everyone, but I decided that I had to because it's just too good to keep private. I think I should explain that first. I LOVE music. I love it so much that I feel a little stingy when it comes to sharing it with new people because then it morphs from being "my" music to "our" music. I know it's a little snobby, but stay with me. It makes sense to me.

I guess I'm just one of those people that once I make something my own, that's exactly what it is, MINE. I'm going to blame this on a number of things -like always having to share a room/toys/etc with my sister growing up (not that I was a selfish child, at all) and using the fact that I think music has really shaped who I am as an adult- but really it's mostly because I feel such an emotional connection to certain things that I feel like they are a part of who I am and what make me unique. Anyhow, so I'm always very slow to share music that I really love with the general public. I reserve sharing music with those who I care for and think that they will appreciate what I am sharing with them as much as I appreciate it.

Enough stalling. I guess I now have to tell you what I've become so crazy in love with (and no, it's NOT Beyonce, despite the previous phrase).


.METRIC.

I heard one song and ran out and bought both albums because I figured if I liked the one song that much, I'd probably like the rest of the songs... and I was right. So get it from iTunes (you big lazy bum), or go out and buy the actual cd and listen to Metric. You'll love it. Also, check out www.ilovemetric.com while you wait.

P.S. Metric is coming to Portland in June. Wanna go to the show with me? Let me know!

No comments: