Tuesday, May 19, 2009

All the More Reason...

I ate a hamburger yesterday. I know. I haven't eaten real meat in such a long time it was weird. It smelled and tasted wonderful and I enjoyed every bit of it, because, I thought, I'm not really eating it any other time so why not now?

And then I got home.

And then I thought I was going to die.

My body reinforced why my whole vegetarian diet was a good idea. It didn't like the delicious greasy beef patty that I forced it to digest and I was left feeling icky and too heavy all evening. I even woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night because I had a stomach ache... and this morning I was left feeling bloated and INSANELY thirsty (seriously, I drank 2 liters already and it's only 10 am).

And guess what? I am now craving a HUGE GREEN SALAD. Mmmm. I'm a dork, I know this. But I just didn't think that my body would adjust so completely and so quickly. I think I'll stick to veggies at the next BBQ.

No comments: