Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Just Don't Get It

... and maybe I will one day... or maybe never. I was reading an article today about how people prefer their hair dirty, as in not washed for a few days. I don't understand. Do you?

I guess it may be how I was raised (as in cleanliness is next to godliness), you know- taking a bath or shower on a daily basis unless we were camping. Or it may be that I like how my soaps and shampoos and conditioners smell over unwashed person smell. Either way.

One could argue that you strip your hair of natural moisture, etc... but they make gentle daily shampoos and conditioners for that. Not a good enough argument for me.

One could argue that it's better for the environment- less water wasted. I take relatively short showers and baths anyhow. I guess they make dry shampoos, which I've tried out of curiousity- they don't last long and are kind of expensive and build up a bit in your hair.

Maybe these people don't work out on a daily basis because I don't know about you but once I'm all sweaty I need to wash my hair (and body) or else I have a complete meltdown- who wants to be smelly?

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there.

No comments: