Tuesday, May 26, 2009

M.D.W

... and for those of you who don't know, that means Memorial Day Weekend.

It was a spectacular weekend! We started it off by going down to Waterfront Park to see the fireworks for the kickoff of the Rose Festival. We had a great spot and stood and watched the lovely display (which I think were better than any 4th of July ones I've seen since moving to Oregon) and ate hot delicious elephant ears.

I got to hang out with friends and family and attend a dear friend's birthday party (we are all getting OLD, in case you weren't aware). It was very pleasant, and the weather made it much more enjoyable. I always wish this time of year was longer because the weather is always perfect for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden we are in a heat wave and I get all sweaty and gross just walking from my office to my car in the parking lot (which is like 50 feet tops).

At the end of the weekend I got to spend some time at the lovely Oregon Coast (pictures to come) with some great kids and friends! Also, we ate more elephant ears and raided a candy store.

Now it's back to the daily grind, but I'm so thankful for the long weekend and especially the reason we had it: to remember those who have served and are still serving our country. Without you I wouldn't be able to enjoy a long weekend with friends and family, eating junk food and hanging out on the pristine Pacific coastline. I don't think we show our gratitude enough (I know I don't). So a BIG thank you. We are grateful. We are proud of you.

No comments: