Thursday, February 10, 2011

The List of My "To Do's" That May or May Not Get Done

I've got a lot going on.  

I have a massive meeting for work happening in San Diego that I'm coordinating and managing.  I LOVE this sort of thing because I'm definitely a "details" girl and I love wowing other people with events, however it's always a bit stressful leading up to the meetings and there are always a million little last minute things that need to be done or 20 things that pop up unexpectedly that are "urgent".

I have a puppy. I need to get on his training.  I mean, he's house trained and leash trained and crate trained, but I need him to be better with obedience and with fun tricks!  Teach while they're small!  He's a handful sometimes as he gets into things that we forget to put away or digs into the laundry basket looking for clothes to drag away and make a bed out of.  And then the walks.  We take him out about every 1.5-2 hours since he's young and cannot hold it very long, so I'm hoping we can start stretching that out to every 2.5-3 hours.

I'm on this workout and eat healthy schedule.  It's not hard to do at 6 weeks in, I've got the hang of it.  It's the prep time for the food and the evening time going to the gym when I have a list of household chores that still need to be done that's hard for me.  I'm a pretty scheduled person, but with the lack of calories and increase in exercise I feel like my body and brain aren't always running on all cylinders and I don't have the energy to get normal stuff done (like dusting the whole house). 


So here's my list of things that I'd like to get to in the next week but that may not happen unless I take a couple days off after I return from San Diego.

1.  Get my nails done.  Ideally before the meeting so I don't look like a complete ruffian.
2.  Get a hair cut- see above for reasonining.
3.  Make my eye appointment and get contacts.
4.  Get prescription sunglasses repaired so I have sunglasses while I don't have contacts.
5.  Take old clothes and shoes and household items that have already been sorted out of house to donate.
6.  Take boxes of "keep" house stuff to parents house to store.
7.  Go through boxes of purses and shoes and donate what I haven't used in the last year.
8.  Consolidate boxes of stuff that are half empty to take up less space.
9.  Make dental appointment for later this spring.
10.  Make vet appointment for Rudy's neuter procedure.
11.  Vaccuum the house.
12.  Dust the entire house and wax furniture.

13.  Clean out extra bedroom.
14.  Start planning my birthday.
15.  Ask for some days off of work.
16.  Return movies to the store that are duplicates of what we already have.

No comments: