Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Team Captain

A lot of people said that they wanted to do it, but didn't want to do it alone.  I heard this a LOT from people at work that I normally do fun runs/walks with.  So I took the plunge and became a Shamrock Run team captain!


The Shamrock Run 2011 is on March 13, 2011 this year in Portland.  I'm running the 5K event, however there is also a 5k walk, an 8K run, and 15K run. 

There are quite a few advantages of being on a team, but I think the best are that 1) you get a discounted entry fee and 2) you have people to walk or run with you. 

I don't think I'm going to be super fast this race because I've been focusing on weights and core exercises and haven't been out running much, but it'll be nice to get out there and kick off the racing season.

If you want to join a team let me know! The deadline to register for a team is February 25th.

No comments: