Monday, February 28, 2011

San Diego, And All That

I'm finally home and mostly alive.  I don't know why, but traveling for work always takes a major toll on me. 

Monday morning I got up at 3:15am so I could be at the airport at 5am to catch my flight to San Diego.  I had spent most of my weekend prepping and packing so I felt like it was a complete waste of a weekend.  I arrived in San Diego and the drama started.

A few of my coworkers' travel was cancelled, unbeknownst to them, and they arrived at the airport only to be sent back home.  Frantic calls with our work's travel department to fix the issues, a few lost then found bags, and they were all once again on their way.  My boss and I visited one of our stores in SD and then headed to our meeting space at our hotel to rehearse the week's presentations.  After our rehearsal we had a welcome reception for all of our meeting attendees.  I made the rounds and then headed to the hotel fitness center to get a work out in.  I ended up going to bed around 10pm (long day) and then got up at 5am on Tuesday to prepare for our day of meetings.

Tuesday was all day meetings and then we walked around down town San Diego- the Gaslamp District to be more precise- to catch up with groups we had sent out to do group activities.  Boy did we get a good workout just walking around.  I should have taken a picture of the massive mountain of stairs we had to climb twice to get to the boardwalk and beach front. 

Wednesday and Thursday were more meetings and I didn't manage to get a good workout in either day, but I figured with all of the walking around I was ok... and the food wasn't too unheathly either. 

While walking one day we ran into Lee DeWyze from American Idol and got a pic with him so that was pretty awesome. 

We flew home Thursday night after waiting all day to hear if our flight would go from being "delayed" to being cancelled.  We lucked out and the snow wasn't as bad in Portland as they thought it would be so we made it home around 10pm and I literally walked in the door at 11pm and about died from exhaustion.

I slept until 9 on Friday morning, got up and ate breakfast and then went back to bed for a few more hours.  Saturday we slept in again and then did more of the same on Sunday.  Sunday was the first day I felt rested and normal.

Now I'm trying to get back into the work groove and I need to take measurements for my girls on the WMM blog since I was MIA for the last one!

Good news:  got rid of a TON of clothes that are now WAY too big.  A shopping trip will be in order soon! 

No comments: