Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Weekend, Or Super-Crappy Game, Poop, and Baths

It was Superbowl weekend, as you may have heard, this past weekend.  Friday I was so excited and couldn't wait until Sunday. 

Friday night BF and I went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner because he conveniently had a giftcard so it cost us a whole $10 for a very nice meal ($5 of it was for tip, so really $5 for the meal).

Saturday we hung out at BF's parents and had dinner and played games and I got a new car.

 ...


What?

Yes, I got a new car!

I got a metallic blue Nissan Versa hatchback and I'm SO FREAKIN' HAPPY!  This is the first truly new car I've ever owned.  No one else had owned it, it is perfect and unblemished (for now, ah life) and it's not the Subaru!  I didn't get to drive it home because the options I wanted weren't in any cars on the lot so they had to get the car from another dealer.  I get to pick it up after work today!  I'll definitely post some pictures.

Anyway, the "big day" was Sunday and it was also my "cheat meal" day so I was happy as a clam (side note- why are clams happy?).  I cleaned the house thoroughly on Sunday morning while BF was at the gym ( I took a rest day).  I got the bathrooms cleaned, the kitchen completely cleaned, dishes done, clutter picked up from around the house and 3 loads of laundry done.  I was waiting to vaccuum the floors until BF got home so he could take Rudy on a walk- Rudy doesn't like the vaccuum cleaner at all.  BF came home and sat on the floor playing with the dog while I was putting clean dishes away.  He asked," What's this?" in a disgusted tone and I looked over in horror as I realized that BF had stepped in dog poop and ground it into the carpet as he was playing with Rudy.  It wasn't Rudy's mess, it was some other dog's mess that BF had stepped in outside and then tracked all over the carpet into my clean house!  He definitely felt  terrible about it, but what can you do?  New rule- take your shoes off at the door!

I scrubbed the carpets, I scrubbed BF's shoe, I scrubbed myself.

Once the house was finally back in order we headed to my parents' house with Rudy in tow for the game.  Rudy was so happy to run around in their spacious backyard while we watched a horrendous game and munched on some really awesome food. 

We had sausage cheese balls, pita chips and garlic hummus for appetizers and we had stuffed shells for the main course.  It was delicious!  For a grand finale we had homemade apple pie and molten chocolate cake for dessert with ice cream.  I about died.

During the game it had started raining pretty hard outside and we didn't really think about it until we had a wet/muddy little puppy.  We headed home after the festivities and promptly threw Rudy in the bathtub for a good scrubbing.  Again, I had just cleaned that bathroom... ugh. 

But now we have a clean and happpy puppy, a clean and happy home and a clean and happy girl with a brand new car!

Happy Monday!

BTW- why is it called the "Superbowl"?  It should be called the "America Bowl".

No comments: