Friday, May 2, 2008

Food = Fun

I've always had a fascination with kitchen gadgets, cooking utensils, bakewear, and dishes in general. Really, if it goes in the kitchen/dining room, I like it. If you have ever met my mother or been to my house, you know where this comes from (I have also inherited the "be prepared for everything and have it in your purse" gene from her). I love to cook, bake and grill... and recently I found candy and confection making to be truly captivating and entertaining. Whilst investigating what cool gadgets were made for this wonderful craft, I found a coulple websites that specialize in supplies, molds, etc. If you are a foodie who likes to be very involved in the creation of yummy dishes and treats, you must check out these cool sites!

1. www.kitchenkneads.com- this is where I found candy molds of LDS temples... so if you are getting married soon, I can make you candy with the temple you are going to on it! I was blown away and ordered some and have already started creating!
2. www.anoccasionalchocolate.com- she has great beginners tips and suggestions about what chocolates and fillings to use!
3. www.mormonchic.com- where they have all sorts of yummy recipes and tips to try, plus general cool stuff to look at and read about.

So go try it! Or come over and make candy with me. You may find me bringing candy to you because I can't keep it all or I eat it all.

No comments: