Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Does This Mean I'm Not A Grown Up?

Someone pointed something out to me today. They said, "Not that it's a thing, but I've noticed that you never wear lipstick".

And you know what, they are correct.

I love chapstick and little-girl lipgloss (not the older girl- too much bright pink gloss, but the LipSmackers vanilla clear lipgloss).

I have about a billion different types of chapstick/lip balm (whichever you prefer... don't blame your regional diction differences on me; it's clear that NW folks don't have an accent or many regional phrases).

Then I got to thinking. Lipstick is for grown up women, and am I really old enough to wear it?

Lipstick is a n "older" face accessory in my opinion, one that I think I won't wear until I'm a little old lady and then it will be hot pink or bright red. I hate lipliner and the fact that lipstick gets all over your drinking glass or straw or spoon. You can't kiss your boyfriend without leaving colored smears and lip-prints (and BF would look hilarious wth Raving Raisin colored lips) and you have to reapply that stuff CONSTANTLY.

Don't get me wrong, I've worn lipstick before, but the occassions are few and far between (for musicals, to dress up for a theme like 80's night, to dress up for Vegas night).

But lipstick is really not me. Does this mean I'm not a grown up? I don't even care.

Speaking of grown ups:

Some of my friends are getting wrinkles (not that I noticed it, they have self-professed them). Listen, Mother Nature, I'm in in twenties and I think it's a bit premature to have wrinkles at this age. Please spare me until I'm 60. Can I please have my mom's skin? She's almost 60 and has a face as smooth as a baby's behind. WRINKLE FREE.

No lipstick and no wrinkles until 60.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I don't ever wear lipstick and I don't think I ever will. Maybe it's because I'm too pale, or maybe I just feel like I'm 60, but I can't pull it off. My mom will put some on once in a blue moon, and it's just weird on her. I feel like I fall into that same category.
Also, I TOTALLY have wrinkles. It's sick! I'm 24 years old and when I smile, I've got crazy crows feet and lines under my eyes. They just appeared one day and then multiplied by the dozens.

Heather said...

UGH don't tell me that!!! I;m hoping none show up in the next few years... keeping my fingers tightly crossed and using MAJOR moisturizer.