Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spiders and Sleeping and Colds, OH MY!

I thought I'd escaped it.

I thought that for once I was the only one not having to deal with it.

But I was wrong.


I had strange dreams last night. I fell asleep watching Craig Ferguson (because that's what I do), but I was in that strange state between awake and sleep and I was aware of that. Then I started to dream about playgrounds and a quaint little town that I've never been to and mechanic shops and SPIDERS.

I. HATE. SPIDERS.

In my dream I was sitting under a gazebo with my mom because it was raining and there were spider webs everywhere up in the rafters. Then I looked up above me and there was a disgusting spider hanging out on it's web. And then I looked over to my side and there was an even bigger, fatter spider just hanging out. Then my leg touched something and I looked down and there were spider webs clinging to me!!!!

OH THE HORROR.

So I woke up twisting around in my sheets and blankets, flailing my leg and thinking I'm being touched by spiders.

In reality I woke up with a nasty cold.

I'm the only so far this season at work and at home that hasn't gotten some illness. I thought I got off easy this year because I'm usually the one with the 3-month lingering cold on top of the flu on top of strep-throat.

I'm doubling up on the multivitamins and Emergen-C drink powder. I'm now going to go home and wash my sheets, just in case there are any lingering spiders.

No comments: