Thursday, January 21, 2010

Onycophagia

YOU GUYS.


I'm biting my nails again...




I'm kind of upset about this.

I was doing so well. And then I got the new job and got busy and stressed (the good stress, though) and I looked at my hands today and went, "WHA????"

I don't think I'd even realized that I've been doing it. I need help. It's gross and makes my hands look bad.

I've tried the rubberband trick and painting the gross tasting stuff on them, etc. but nothing seems to stick. I've even tried paying myself when I don't bite them and paying someone else when I do to motivate me. I've tried chewing gum and getting weekly manicures to keep them looking nice so I don't want to mess them up, but when I least expect it I find myself nibbling on the edges absentmindedly, defeating my own efforts.

Hi. My name is Heather and I'm a nail biter.

3 comments:

Ben said...

How about fake nails. Not the long ones, but fake ones nonetheless. Would you still bite those?

Heather said...

I could, but the upkeep for fake ones really adds up(time, money)! Plus, when I have an extra hour to spare I usually take a nap or go to the gym or go for a run. I may try it for a while and see though!

Ben said...

Good luck :)