Monday, January 25, 2010

Old Folks Date Night

You Guys...

BF and I went to see THE Craig Ferguson last night at the Aladdin. It. Was. AMAZING.

I laughed so hard at one point I thought my face was going to fall off of my head. I could also listen to Scottish accents ALL DAY and be perfectly happy.

Anyway, so BF and I got to the Aladdin super early (because I'm smart like that and I know that there will be lines). You know what we noticed right away? That the only people in line were OLD PEOPLE. Seriously, we were the youngest ones there. No big deal, I thought, because young people are still out and about and don't mind fighting for seats so will probably come just as the doors open at 6.

I. Was. Wrong. I have never been more wrong.

No young people came. It was BF and I in a geriatric sea.

So right before the doors opened some guy from the theater came out and posted signs all over saying ," This show is 21 and over, no minors will be permitted inside." No problem, I thought... clearly they won't need to card anyone here to enforce that rule.

Wrong again. They opened the doors and started letting folks in. BF and I were pretty close to the front of the line but it was taking FOREVER to get there. As we got about 4 people from the doors I could hear the security guy telling everyone to show their I.D's. Seriously. I'm pretty sure that BF and I were the only questionably aged ones there... because we were the only ones sans white/gray hair. That's a lie, BF has some white and gray hairs. It's pretty cute, but are hardly noticeable unless you are right up close and personal. I digress.

We finally got inside and scrambled to get some good seats (and we got some GREAT ones, except Mr. Fathead sat in front of me... you know how that goes). Then I ran for the bathroom since we had been standing outside for over an hour in the cold and on the way in I had consumed 1 Coke Zero and a bottle of water. After the bathroom break I got in a monstrous line for pizza because I had saved my cheat meal for the week for this. Boy-Howdy it was delicious pizza. And I also ate most of a bag of kettle corn. I was in a food-induced state of bliss when the opening comedian came on. I don't remember his name, but he was pretty funny.

Then CF came out and everybody went crazy and I was SHOCKED because I had no idea that old people liked CF or could even stay up late enough to watch his show.

The only bad part of the evening was that I had brought his book with me in the hopes that he would be signing autographs, but lo and behold he had a plane to catch and no time. I'm going to write a strongly worded letter suggesting that he come back to Portland and sign my book. OR I will just ask for an autographed picture to make up for it. I will put that picture on my mantle. You think I'm joking?

BF and I also came up with a plan that I would just get really good at something and then become famous for being good at whatever that thing is and go on his show and ask him to sign the book in person.

Also, I realized that Valentine's Day is quickly approaching...

No comments: