Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sick Brain... and what I do on my sick days off work

So I'm still sick.
Not as sick as I was, but still uncomfortable. I went home early from work yesterday- which is rare for me. I got to take a 4 hour nap, which I would have enjoyed more if I wasn't under the influence of heavy cough and cold medicines and if I could've been breathing easily out of my nose.

I did, however, get to read a bit since I was far too exhausted to do much else. I recently got the book American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson. I've got his fictional book as well, but I like this one better because I like to know about people's lives. Anyway, I spent a good majority of my "awake" time yesterday reading it. I liked Craig Ferguson before, but now I REALLY like him. I don't know if I can explain it right so I'm not going to try- I still have sick brain.





I don't know about you, but I think I like biographies and autobiographies best lately. I cannot believe some of the things that people have gone through and survived, and I also cannot believe some of the things that people put themselves through and survive. Anyway, Mr. Ferguson is one of those people that I've always thought was riotously hilarious. Some people don't really have to try, they just hit my funnybone the right way. He wrote and was in the movie Saving Grace, which is one of my all time FAVORITE movies, EVER.

Despite my sick brain and medicated thought this week, I have enough sense to know when to act on something, and that something is GETTING CRAIG FERGUSON TICKETS.

Oh yes. As BF was driving home from school/work (because at this point it is one in the same) the other day, he noticed a particular name on a marquee. So being the wondrous BF that he is, he texted me:

BF: (via text) "craig ferguson at the aladdin!

Me: "Alkaline Trio is Feb 19, $18" - because I'm a caring GF like that.

... and then I stopped texting and called him because it hit me what he said. I looked up tickets and when he answered I said, "I REALLY WANT TO SEE CRAIG FERGUSON!!!! but... tickets are $50. A. Piece.!"

So after a bit of debating with myself I realized that this is a MUST. It's like the time I saw Stella. It was AMAZING and I'm so glad I went to that, and I feel like this will be the same way.
I'm hoping to buy tickets today. Until January 24th I will be waiting on pins and needles to see this show.
I'm a dork. I know this. Let's just go ahead and blame this on my sick brain (for now).

No comments: