Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm Working On Something Secret and Special... Wanna Help?


I have good ideas some times, and then sometimes I think that I have good ideas until I tell them to someone. This time I really did have a good idea.

Let's start at the begining.

I have this friend named Beau. He is just the sweetest, kindest, most generally nice guy you've ever met, EVER. Some of you may know him, and some of you have not had the pleasure of meeting him. Beau has had some health issues, and recently lost his vision due to a tumor. I'm not an expert on tumors or Beau's health history but I hate feeling like I cannot do anything when life deals tough cards to good people.

Right before the holidays (think October), I was thinking that since Beau had lost his sight and is sort of confined to not doing too much I should make some cd's for him to listen to and help entertain him. Then I started thinking that I should get some people together and we should RECORD a cd for him, since it'd be way cooler to give a cd that features his friends and family. Then I sort of got really busy with work and the holidays and all that.

It was Beau's birthday yesterday and I remembered, "Oh yeah! I had that great idea! I should actually do that". But I can't do it by myself.

I emailed Beau's brother, Zach, and told him about my idea. He said it was a good one and that we should think about who we knew that would like to record a song for Beau... and that he would start coming up with a list of songs that we could cover that he would like.

And THAT is my great idea that I need help with. If you know Beau and would like to contribute to the cd that we are making, please let me or Zach know! I know we can't make him forget all that he is going through, but I thin we can give back some of the happiness that he has given us.

We are just getting started with this project and would like it to be a SURPRISE to Beau, so please keep it a secret!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

What a great idea! I've been trying to think of something special to do for him, too. I'd love to help in anyway I can. Don't know how much help I can be, but if there's anything I can do, let me know.

Heather said...

Thanks Ashleigh. Zach and I are going to get more stuff together and then start contacting people about helping us out. I think we already had you on the list to contact since you have a beautiful voice, so if you're up for it, we'd love to have you do a song!