Monday, June 28, 2010

About A Million Things...

HOLY COW.





It's been busy, but also lazy. And I am back at work today. UGH. Vacation never seems long enough. Even when you start to get bored at home.



I guess I should start a list of what's been going on and what's happened so I don't lose track:





1. Went to Texas. I already told you that. But there it is. I went to Texas for a week with work and it was hot and smelly and my allergies were killing me and I was SO HAPPY to be back in Oregon, even though it's June and still raining.



2. When I got back from Texas I did NOTHING for like, 2 days. I slept until noon that Friday and then I lazily made my way to the office to drop stuff off so I didn't have to look at work stuff during my week of vacation. I LOVE SLEEP.



3. I came out of my coma and decided that BF and I needed to do fun stuff during my week off since neither of us had anything to do. We looked up places to camp and found a new place, Cascadia, that looked promising. So we packed up and headed that way on Wednesday and stayed until Friday. It was glorious. Nice and quiet and green. And guess what! We took pictures... so I'll have to actually download them and then upload them (if that makes sense) so you can see them.


4. Allergies suck. Since I've returned from Texas my allergies have been on turbo mode. Not fun. I think I've taken more Benadryl this past week than I have in two years. I called my doctor to see if I could come in and start getting allergy shots. We'll see what happens.


5. BF applied for a butt load (over twenty, I think) of teaching jobs this past week and today is the deadline for most of the positions so hopefully he will get a call (or twenty) and have some interviews soon. Keep your fingers crossed!!! On another related note, BF got the awesomest letter of recommendation from the principal of the school that he student taught at this past year. Like, if someone wrote a letter about me that was half as awesome I'd probably cry, it was THAT GOOD. Hopefully Beaverton School District thinks it's awesome as well, enough to offer BF a job.


6. BF puts up with me being a dumb girl really well. I was grumpy last night because I knew that I had to go to work today (even though I like my job and the people I work with) and I'm all PMS'y, but I won't admit to it most of the time so take it while you can. He was a champ and just joked around until I lightened up. And of course National Treasure: Book of Secrets was on so that totally helped. But mostly it was BF.

Then TODAY I was being a total idiot girl (PMS'ing again, but whatever) and I started wondering about this girl who is a family friend of BF's and then in my head I was like, "What is going on here? This is weird." And instead of letting it fester in my sub- and concious thoughts all day I asked him, "What up wit dat?" and he was very calm and gave the perfect answer so my idiot self can just take a chill. How did I get so lucky with this one? I'll never know, but it doesn't matter.


7. My car is falling apart. I need to get the windshield replaced because a few weeks ago I got a couple of chips in the windshield from road debris and then it froze over night and a HUGE CRACK spread across the lower part of my windshield. It doesn't interfere with my view, but it's annoying and looks tacky. I also need to get my breaks checked...even though they were replaced in February... they are squeaky and I just want some reassurance... also I have a hunch that it's the rotars. And then, worst of all, my air conditioning does not work. I am totally temperature sensitive and so this is almost the end of the world for me. Luckily BF has AC and drives us during the hot days if we have to go places, but he can't drive all of the time.

8. My work email BLEW UP because I didn't check it for almost two weeks. I had over 400 unread emails this morning. It took me two hours just to sort through them and get rid of the junk/ 'unrelated to me' ones.


So that's what new in the past two weeks. Back to the daily grind.

No comments: