Friday, June 4, 2010

And It WAS Awesome

Like I mentioned yesterday, I got an email from Gustav at 94.7 fm to come and do my perfect playlist in person on the radio and of course I accepted the invitation. It was very exciting because I have this dream I've buried away inmy closet of a mind that one day I will be a witty, adored radio personality.

I headed down to the station in rush hour traffic- because that's how I roll- and made it there a bit early to my surprise, so I had to sit in the lobby and wait. That's when I started to think about being on the radio and got sort of nervous. EVERYONE from work would be listening (because, duh, I can't keep these things a secret!), BF would be listening because I dedicated the playlist to him... it was about him... and the greater Portland Metro area was listening. TO ME. Ugh.

But as soon as I stepped into the studio I forgot all about anyone listening to me or being nervous. Radio Station studios are sort of awesome. Gustav was very friendly and super easy to talk to (probably why he is on the radio) and I had a great time. He even mentioned that I was a natural on the radio. And we all know why... because I did the announcements at B&N, so I have experience...


Oh yeah... so my playlist was based on BF competing in bodybuilding competitions. The songs and reasoning behind them are below:

1. "Beer"- by Reel Big Fish, because BF couldn't drink leading up to the competition and he is definitely a beer lover/connoisseur. Actually, he didn't really eat or drink a lot of anything delicious.

2. “Tangerine Speedo”-Caviar- pretty self explanatory, they wear RIDICULOUS speedos, AKA "posing suits".


3. “ I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor”- Arctic Monkeys- because he looks GOOD!

4. “I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked”- Ida Maria- see above.

5. “Nice Guys Finish Last”- Green Day- because it’s hard to place very high in the untested competitions if you aren’t on steroids, which he is not.


I'm so glad my playlist was picked because I felt like BF needed a little extra recognition for the hard work he does.


No comments: