Thursday, June 3, 2010

Instant Karma

Today was an instant Karma sort of day... which was full of awesome for me, but not so much for other people.





I came into work this morning and my computer totally sucked... it was pretty much dying in front of me and I was awaiting the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when a coworker came by with a nice little skinny latte for me. LOVELY.



After I jump started my computer the work day started in a full frenzy of harried emails, back and forth between business partners that DON'T READ or FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, I got a lovely little email:



"Dear Heather- Would you like to come down to the studio today and present your perfect playlist in person?"



And I responded, "Why yes, Gustav, I would love to".



So that made the barrage of emails melt into oblivion because, obviously... I WILL BE ON THE RADIO today... in like, an hour or so.





After lunch I came back and started getting supplies ready for an upcoming meeting when I found that someone had taken my supplies OUT of the LABELED and SEALED box and put their supplies in it instead. I threw a little hissy fit at my desk because there goes 2 hours of prep work I did... so after my fit I had one of my coworkers undo the mess that someone else did becuase I just COULDN'T HANDLE IT. I thought my head was going to explode (manners, people?) and then I was handed an agenda for a meeting with details BEFORE I EVEN ASKED FOR IT. I was shocked and delighted. I usually have to chase people down for this information and beat them over the head until I get a response, but not today! Before I could even think about it all the details were done. Details done = Happy Heather.


So we'll see what else the day brings!

No comments: