Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CASCADIA

Ok, I finally downloaded the pictures of our camping trip last week. There weren't as many good ones as I originally thought, and the ones of BF and I together are a little ATROCIOUS since we hadn't showered and I was frizzy haired and make-up less.



And now, for your viewing pleasure:




This is our expertly put together tent... actually, it was super hot and muggy when we got there and I sort of gave up getting the tent fly on correctly because I wanted to sit and eat.





Our lovely camp kitchen, with my new canopy in case it rained... which it did not. But if I hadn't brought it, it would have rained fo sho.








BF reading one of the 39 Clues books... don't judge, those books are AWESOME. Nevermind that they are for elementary school aged kids. BF's a teacher so it's all in the name of classroom research. Notice that we have a camp loveseat, because we are in love. BF, You're Welcome.





This is a semi blurry photo of a friend we made... who brought some of his own friends. His name is Dale. There were chipmunks galore. At one point BF and I decided we needed to take a nap, so we went in the tent and totally forgot that we left a little tub of trail mix on the picnic table. I woke with a start when we heard a crash and a scattering sound. I peered out of the tent to see little chipmunks scurrying away with cashews and almonds, but they left the cranberries which I found strange. We learned the hard way, put your food in the car as soon as you are done eating!












All in all it was a great trip! I'm so glad BF likes to camp and that we had the time to leisurely enjoy the outdoors during such great weather!









No comments: