Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Subtract the Ursus Arctos*

Last night BF and I attended the FREE Minus the Bear show at The Woods in Sellwood, OR. And it rocked. Did you know that The Woods used to be a funeral home? And it has a huge elevator by the bathrooms that they used to use to haul the caskets between the two levels. Also awesome? Owl pictures and stuff EVERYWHERE. I feel like they kept some of the funeral home art that was originally there because everything was sort of old-50's, 60's, and 70's feeling to them. It was all pretty cool in a creepy sort of way, if that makes sense.

I like MTB, but really I have one favorite song from them that I could listen to over and over again... I guess I consider me and BF's song, really.

BF and I enjoyed the fact that the show started at 6pm, so we knew we didn't have to be out until all hours to enjoy the music. We had our fingers crossed that they would play "Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse"... and I was sad when they left the stage 45 minutes later and had not yet played it (although they did play some other favs). Alas, the crowd wasn't appeased yet, so MTB came back out for "one more song"... which happened to be the BEST SONG THEY PLAY, so I was happy.

After the show, BF and I were starving and headed over to Pastini and had ourselves some yummy dinner.

Pretty good night.

*(Get it? I thought it was pretty clever... google it if you are lost).

No comments: