Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Playing the Waiting Game

Sometimes in life one gets stuck, not because they've gotten themselves stuck, but they just happen to find themselves waiting. Waiting on people, on circumstance, on time before they can progress.

I forget that this happens until I find myself in the middle of it.

Lately I've found that I'm waiting a lot, and I don't bring it up to say that I mind it at all... it's just a part of life and I've noticed that I've hit a section of "waiting".

I'm waiting at work for people to turn stuff in to me so I can complete my end of projects.

I'm waiting for my next paycheck to buy needed housewares and appliances.

I'm waiting to move to a new place with BF,but for this one we are waiting on multiple things. BF is working his backside off trying to get a full time teaching position somewhere in the Portland Metro area for this coming fall. Keeping my fingers crossed! Waiting to see if we can rent a place our friends are moving out of because they got a house!

I'm waiting on the weather to warm up and dry out so I can commence with fun summer activities.

It keeps going.

But I don't mind. I don't feel anxious about it all, just hanging out and seeing when I will be able to move forward again.


And now on to my weekend review:

The plan was to be outside as much as possible for the holiday weekend, shop for some summery clothes, go to the Timbers game and be a soccer hooligan with BF. The weather didn't exactly cooperate so I didn't spend a ton of time outside until Monday afternoon... because that's about the only time we had sun sans showers.

Friday night BF and I rented Lego Indiana Jones and played for HOURS. Neither of us are big into video games, but now I can see how some people end up wasting whole weekends without leaving the house. Saturday I ran errands, worked out, and then BF and I went to Sellwood for dinner and some gelato goodness. After stuffing our faces to the point of restricted movement, we decided to head over to the Mission Theater and catch a $3 movie instead of going to the Timbers game... because we found out GA tickets were $23! Whilst searching for parking near the Mission, I suggested we go see Prince of Persia instead... so we did. And it was AWESOME. Sort of cheesy, but I liked it.

Sunday was nothing super extraordinary. Hung around the house, did some chores, went to my friend Soccer Rick's house to play Wii for a bit, and then BF, Soccer Rick and I watched a TV special about SNL in the 2000's.

Monday I went to Powell's with BF... and then we watched Always Sunny episodes intermittently switching to Hoarders. I like them both equally for different reasons.


It was a pretty great long weekend.

This coming weekend will be even greater because BF is graduating with his masters in teaching from Lewis and Clark! Oh the awesomeness! I have a gift all wrapped and ready to go and it's killing me to wait until Sunday.

Again... waiting for Sunday. :)

No comments: