Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Strange Dreams

Sometimes I have strange dreams- ones that mystify me or that foretell days to come. Last night was no exception.

I woke up this morning completely grossed out and confused. Really the dream wasn't that gross but it totally gave me the heebie jeebies.

In the dream I was having a picnic with a guy that I used to be friends with (who knows why, I haven't spoken to this guy in years or even thought about him in what seems like millenia). We were sitting at a park on a blanket that my great grandmother made and I was getting all of the food out of the basket. I looked up and this guy's face was right in my face and he started talking about how he was in love with me and that we should be together. I pushed him away and asked, "What about your wife?", which he completely ignored and began to undress... outside... in the park. I got up and started running to my car and jumped in and drove away as fast as I could.

Then I ended up downtown and went to some restaurant where they had a huge table with donuts arranged on large trays all over the place and everyone was eating different kinds of donunts and pastries. I grabbed a plain donut with chocolate icing and sprinkles and shoved it in my mouth as I walked through the restaurant. I made my way to the back door and walked out onto a patio of sorts. Waiting for me on this patio was now-naked guy from the park, along with other naked people having a nudist party. I turned around and ran back out to the front of the restaurant and called my mom and told her about how everyone was naked at the donut place and that I was coming home because everyone was losing their minds.

Then I woke up.

In real life this guy from my dream is now married and has kids and I'm pretty sure he doesn't ever think about me- mostly because I don't think about him.

Also, I didn't eat before bed, or watch any tv or movies, or read anything strange. Actually, I read an article in a magazine about recipes for summer grilling so it makes no sense to me how any of this came up in my dreams... well, maybe I understand the donuts thing. I haven't eaten a donut in such a long time and they are SUPERB.

Anyway, what weird dreams have you had lately?

3 comments:

Chad said...

I recently had a dream that me and Miley Cyrus were competing for the affection of some guy. He was flirting with us and all of the sudden we (me and Miley) ended up being naked in a big hot tub. I was sitting there looking at myself thinking, "I'm pregnant, and I don't look pregnant! Wow, and my boobs look really perky and hot!" I looked over at Miley and I was trying to look straight at her face and not seem uncomfortable. Then the guy helped us out of the hot tub and looked me up and down. Miley, me and this random guy then end up driving somewhere (we're all clothed) and I start to get the feeling that this guy is gay. He randomly starts talking in a gay voice and goes from flirting heavily with me to acting like he's one of the girls. Then we get to school (Glencoe High School) and someone informs me that he is really a girl and has a fake, plastic....one-eyed snake. I turn to ask the guy about it and he is dressed in drag thrusting his fake plastic parts at me. Yeah, that is one messed up dream!

Chad said...

oops, this isn't Chad, it's Ashleigh. Eww, I hope Chad isn't dreaming about that....ewww, I wish I wasn't dreaming about it either.

Heather said...

hahahaaaa! I was totally thinking, "Do I know a Chad? Who is this wierd guy commenting on my blog???" but then I figured it out!