Monday, April 12, 2010

Things I Fancy As of Late...

It seems like I've stumbled upon some fabulous products lately that have changed my life. Well, not dramatically so, but definitely for the better. For your reading pleasure, I've listed some of them below:



1. Dr. Bronner's Castile Soaps- I have the Almond one and you can use this soap for practically ANYTHING. It comes in a variety of scents and sizes, plus it is all natural, organic and not expensive. I use it for handwashing, face washing, and even my hair (but only paired with a really good conditioner). You should peruse the site and see all of the cool products they make. I recently bought a tiny travel size of the Rose soap for my gym bag so I didn't have to carry a separate body soap, face soap and shampoo; so now I'm down to the Rose soap and conditioner in my shower bag.



2. Tea Tree Oil- not only is it an antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal oil but it also dries out and clears up pimples SO FAST. I've been putting it on my finger and toe nails after I file and paint them to moisturize and also keep them a little cleaner. It has a strong scent, but you sort of get used to it; plus it's not a bad smell. There are other uses for it, and it and if you are using pure Tea Tree oil it may cause some irritation if you over apply or if you have sensitive skin.



3. Republic of Tea's "Pineapple Ginger" tea- BF got me hooked on this one. At night when I start craving sweet, bad for me food I like to make a nice cup of a fruit-flavored tea so I get my sweet fix without the sugar. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I still want to eat the bad stuff but I'm full of hot liquid so it deters me. Either way it works.



4. Flat Out Wraps- I switched to whole grains back in November and I've learned that you can't always eat whole wheat bread. Why? Because it get's old. So you look for new things to make sandwiches out of. I found these lovelies at Fred Meyer and they come in different flavors. Plus they are softer and more oblong than tortillas (also more filling) so you feel like you are eating more. One of my easy dinners/lunches is to take some of that pre-grilled and sliced chicken you get from Costco, saute some bell peppers and onions with chili powder and add the chicken, then throw it all on a honey wheat flat out bread and I'm done. It's so declicious.

5. Aquaphor- for EVERYTHING DRY. I use it on my lips, on my cuticles and on my feet. I get really dry skin when the seasons change- to the point where it cracks, and this stuff is miraculous. I made sure to buy the multi-pack and I keep a tube in my nightstand, a tube in the bathroom, one in my purse and one in my desk at work.


So there you have it. Try these things if you like the awesome.

No comments: