Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beverly Beach...

BF and I went to Beverly Beach the weekend before last. Mostly I just wanted to get out of the house and away from the norm.

Also, I LOVE when I get to use my camping stuff.

I wanted to stay in a yurt, however there weren't any available so we got to camp in my tent instead.


We built a fire and roasted hot dogs, marshmallows, etc and just got to hang out which was super nice. It was also BF's last cheat meal before the Bill Pearl Classic in less than 2 weeks so he stuffed himself full of goodies.

We completely FROZE at night and I don't know why. I've been using the same tent and sleeping bag and pad for two years now and I've never gotten that cold. I was a little damp when I went to bed, so that could have been one reason. Anyway, I woke up all achy and stiff because of the cold, and then I remembered I had those handwarmer packets you use while skiing in my car so I broke those babies out. Those are marvelous.

We had eggs and toast and sugar free hot chocolate for breakfast and took a lovely little stroll down the beach. It made me want a dog, sort of.

We eventually headed back home and wished we had longer weekends.

BF has pictures. Eventually I will post some.

No comments: