Monday, April 19, 2010

Ridiculous Things I Did This Weekend... Jealous?

Friday was awesome because I didn't have to do anything. I got off of work at a reasonable hour, then I went to the gym and had a nice work out, and then BF and I hung out around my house and watched movies.

Doesn't seem like the most awesome Friday night, but it was. Sometimes you just need to sit around in sweats and watch movies. It doesn't mean you are old and boring, it means that you know when to take a break.

Saturday was also full of awesome, but in more exciting ways. I went to the gym- which was the best because no one else seems to work out on the weekends so it was pretty much deserted- and had a nice long work out. I got to try out some new ab exercises without the Douche Squad in my way so that was nice. In case you didn't know, the D Squad is a group of meat-head guys at the gym that take over the mat area where you are supposed to do ab stuff and they just sit on the mats and talk and eat protein bars and drink protein shakes. There are chairs in the lobby for that sort of thing. Get off the mats if you aren't working out or stretching (and they never are). Anyway, so BF came over in the afternoon and we oiled him up and put in him in his "posing suit" so he could practice his poses for the Bill Pearl Classic (in 3 weeks!!!). Can I just say that I didn't realize how difficult posing was. You have to find exactly the right angles to make yourself look just right and you have to flex as hard as you possibly can for what seems like an eternity. I'm not sure that is something that I could ever do- without giving myself an aneurism. The best part of this was that BF came to my house to do this becasue I have huge full length mirrors and just as he was standing there in barely anything my mom comes in the room and starts talking to me. Then she noticed an almost nude BF standing there all glistening looking in the mirror and she stops cold and starts backing out of the room. Of course BF could've cared less, mostly because he's used to it ( I mean, come on, he stands on a stage in front of hundreds of people AND judges like this) so it was mostly my mom's reaction that was hilarious.

After posing practice, BF and I picked up BF's little sister (LS for short) and then we all went to Kells Irish Pub for dinner. I had the Veg Sandwich and BF had the Ballycastle Sausage Roll. In the midst of eating dinner, Kells was taken over by ridiculous golf-apparel-clad middle agers on a pub crawl through Portland. I wish we had taken pictures, but as always seems to happen in these situations, I didn't have a camera with me. The group stayed for about 30 minutes before rallying and heading off to greener pastures. We finished our dinners, ordered the Guiness chocolate cake and then headed down the street to the Thirsty Lion. We hung out there for a bit and then the Golf Gang showed up again so we left before it could get too out of control. We headed for the Shanghai Tunnels since LS and I had never been there. It's totally deceiving because when you walk in you see a bar with maybe 4 barstools and then 2 little cafe tables. But then you go further inside and see a stairwell that leads you into a basement of sorts where there is another bar and pool tables, pinball machines, booths and tables and chairs all around.

We headed home just in time to catch SNL, so we watched 20 minutes of that before deciding we were much too old and tired to stay up any later.

Sunday morning BF made us eggs and toast (again, what else?). Then he drove me home so I could go for a run in the glorious sunshine. I then sat outside and read a book, decided it was time to get real clothing on for the day, then watched movies as I tidied my room and played with the cats.

I woke up this morning hating the fact that I had to go to work- even though I like where I work and who I work with. I just wanted my fabulous weekend to continue.


Now BF and I are getting ready for the Bill Pearl Classic on May 8th. I'm. So. EXCITED. BF's going to win a trophy and a sword.

SWORD.

Sort of like Conan.

2 comments:

The Klappoths said...

CONAN THE BARBARIAN?! Lemme let you in on a little secret... when my brothers and I would wrestle when we were little, I'd be losing and my dad would say, "Come on Red Sony(j?)a!" And I'd turn in to that ginger behemoth and shread em to pieces. Awesome much?

Heather said...

That is awesome. I'm now calling you Red Sonja. (sonya? I don't know)