Monday, April 5, 2010

Muse and Silversun Pickups

...blew my face off.


It was the awesomest concert EVER.



EVER.


And our seats were amazing.





I was afraid the evening wasn't going to be that great because Saturday was a little bit hectic and I was a bit grumpy. I ran errands and cleaned and worked out at the gym, then had to stop at the grocery store on the way home from the gym. At the grocery store I quickly perused the make up aisles because I needed a new moisturizing foundation (my skin is drying out!). While trying to make a quick color match an old grumpy lady came up behind me and said, "Hey, your purse is unzipped... so, you know, anyone could just walk by and stick their hand in it."


So my purse was unzipped, but the only thing I had in my purse was my chapstick and glasses case. My wallet was in my jacket pocket on me and so were my keys and my cell phone. Also, I had my purse wedged between my body and my arm and NOT GAPING OPEN... it would have been pretty hard for someone to come by and just stick their hand in and grab away.


Anyhow, so I said, "Thanks for noticing. I think it's ok."


To which she replied, " Well, you should zip it up."


To which I replied, "Ok, well, thanks, but there's nothing in there worth anything so I think I'm ok."


And then grumpy old lady said, "Just zip up your purse... people these days... don't know what's good for them."


Oh. No. At this point I just lost my mind. I will not tell you what I said but I said something to this little old lady that I've never said to an elderly person IN MY LIFE. I'm not that proud of it, but it felt good. I sort of wanted to push her over.


Lesson- don't walk around giving strangers unsolicited advice. Also, don't keep telling people, especially strangers, what do... with their stuff or with themselves.


Anyway, so I was a bit grumpy eating dinner and getting ready for Muse. But then BF ran an errand for me and I finished getting ready and looked SUPER CUTE (in my favorite outfit, thank you very much). Then we got to the Rose Garden Arena and found our seats (section 102, row D).


I almost died when I saw our seats. They were perfect. We were just above the GA section that had to stand and sweat on each other, and we had the perfect view of the stage, just to the left side where Matt Bellamy was situated.


Silversun Pickups was superb and I LOVED the bassist's outfit. She definitely has this rock chic/glamour with a bit of romantic style that I love.

When Muse came out I realized that I had forgotten my camera in the rush of getting to the concert. BUT my mind was officially blown in the first 2 minutes so I would have forgotten to take pictures of it anyway.

Such a great show! I don't even have words to describe how fantastic it was.

PS- Silversun Pickups warned us that our minds would be sufficiently blown by Muse and they were correct.



1 comment:

Mandee said...

Me and Greg saw Muse a few years ago and it was seriously the best concert I had ever been to.