Monday, May 3, 2010

Vegas, and Then Some

I was in Vegas last week.



I was a little nervous because I haven't been to Vegas since 8th grade so I didn't really know what to expect.



We departed Portland on Wednesday morning. It was a nice morning and beautifully clear once we were at cruising altitude. I sat in a row with a bunch of 20 something guys on their way to Vegas for a birthday party. They were all taking shots at 7am. They invited me to join and of course I declined. Needless to say I didn't get a nap on the way.



The flight was pretty tame despite my row company, but ten minutes into the descent into Vegas things got a bit bumpy. I guess there were a fair amount of wind gusts and we definitely felt them. I was totally glad to be on the ground! Later on Wednesday they grounded some flights due to the high winds in the area.



The weather was pretty nice, in the 60's and low 70's and sunny. Meetings, Meetings, Meetings for Wednesday and Thursday, but we did manage to squeeze in a little shopping at NikeTown Las Vegas and the Hurley Store. I got some sweet pants for $9. Seriously.



Left on Thursday night EXHAUSTED and ready to be home.


Spent the weekend trying to get caught back up on laundry, etc. Nothing terribly exciting. I did get to spend some quality time with BF. We hung out and played Clue with his sister. I forgot how much I liked board games.

This week is all about prep work for the Bill Pearl. Hotel reservations made, BF has a spray tan appointment for Friday afternoon, and I'm cleaning out the car in preparation for our travels.

Don't let me forget my camera and extra batteries.

No comments: