Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Serendipitous Kismet



You guys, there is an owl living in my chimney.


...



OMG...



...



I'm over the moon about this. I cannot believe how awesome it is.


Ok, so I'm not really certain this owl has taken up permanent residence in the chimney, but I do know that the past few days when it gets quiet cute little hooting sounds come from the chimney. It sort of freaks the cats out, which is entertaining.


I haven't seen the owl, so I don't know what type it is, but I looked the National Audubon Society Portland's website to see what sort of owls can be found in the area and I'm fairly certain is HAS to be either a Northern Pygmy Owl or a Northern Saw-Whet Owl because those are the only two types small enough to fit into the holes in the top of the chimney.



Northern Saw-Whet



Northern Pygmy

I'm hoping to get a glimpe of him/her soon. I think I'll name him/her Athena or Archimedes. It only makes sense.

No comments: