Monday, May 10, 2010

Bill Pearl Classic 2010- And Also Why I'm Going to Enter Next Year






BF competed in the Bill Pearl Classic Bodybuilding Competition this past weekend in Bend, OR.

It was ridiculous, just as expected.



What wasn't expected: Couples routines.


Let me explain. I totally expected the crazy looking women with 80's hair and clear plastic high heels. I expected the men making funny sounds and faces as they flexed their hardest for the judges and audiences. I expected the insanely dark spray tans that everyone had. I expected that some people had spouses that were also into bodybuilding.



I DID NOT EXPECT for those couples to prepare dance and pose routines to perform TOGETHER in MATCHING OUTFITS. I didn't take pictures because I was dying in my chair.


I'll give you a minute to digest that...





...





I was extremely proud of BF- for many reasons, but mostly for his dedication and focus. He worked so hard the past few months working out and eating perfectly every day. He has had so much going on with school and teaching and life in general I don't know how he kept going some days.



More pictures of BF!




























As you may notice, BF is still a little lighter than some of the other dudes up there... and that's because he didn't get all heady and get 70 coats of the spray tan. Some of these guys went wild with the stuff and had quite a few coats of it and looked like they'd bathed in ink by the end of the day.




Anyway, congratulations to BF for competing and looking awesome!



Now to the part about why I'm considering entering next year's...



So of course they had women's divisions and those divisions are as follows: Bikini, Figure/Fitness and bodybuilding. So the bikini division is for women that are in excellent shape, but not to the point that you can see every muscle group. They still are very feminine and wear regular bathing suits for this part of the competition and are judged on balance, shape, and overall appearance. The fitness/figure division is for women that are closer to what you think of when you think women's bodybuilding. They are extremely defined but not hugely so. They are judged on overall appearance, definition and fitness ability. Part of their performance is a fitness routine. Bodybuilding is pretty much the same as the mens. They are looking for the definition of each muscle group and have to complete the following poses as called out by the judges:



POSE#1 - FRONT DOUBLE BICEP
POSE#2 - FRONT LAT SPREAD
POSE#3 - SIDE CHEST POSE (either side)
POSE#4 - SIDE TRICEP EXTENSION (either side)
POSE#5 - BACK DOUBLE BICEP
POSE#6 - BACK LAT SPREAD
POSE#7 - ABDOMINAL POSE
POSE#8 - MOST MUSCULAR (Men Only)



The thing is, the ladies that competed this year were good, but I realized a few things:



1. I'm about a foot taller than most of them.


2. My arms are almost as defined as theirs.


3. I have better stage skills- this may be my opinion but they all sort of looked like they didn't know what to do when they were up there and had strange expressions.





I'm not really into bodybuilding and everything that goes into it. It's hard work! I can support BF in it, but I don't know if I can be that disciplined. However, after seeing the lady that won the overall women's bodybuilding division I realized that if I am competing against the same women I could totally win it. And what does that mean? I means I win a SWORD.



Yes.


Like She-Ra.


Very tempting.

No comments: