Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The New Day

I feel like I've been too complainey, like I'm stuck in this "Debbie Downer" mode and I'm gonna bring everyone down with me.

I do not want that.

So when I went to bed last night I decided that I would wake up today and make it an awesome day.

And you know what? It is an awesome day. I started thinking about all of the stuff that I'm thankful for and all of the opportunities that I have and the blessings in my life... and could probably spend weeks on end pondering over those lists.

I'm going to try to keep the positivity flowing so I've come up with a list of guidelines to help me with my new mindset:


1. No complaining unless it's constructive. What's the point about whining if it doesn't change anything?

2. Find something I am thankful for when I get up in the morning and when I go to bed at night.

3. Take a time out if I need it. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with people and I just need to step away and have a few quiet moments to myself.

4. Eat my snacks on time. If I don't eat regularly I get super grouchy. Best to just stay on top of it.

5. Tell at least one person one nice thing I like about them every day.




So it's pretty simple stuff, but sometimes I feel like I get so lost in all of the hustle at work and home that I lose sight of what does make me happy so I need reminders.

No comments: