Friday, May 21, 2010

Gotta Go To "Ohgeemygo's"

Once a week I try to make some sort of Korean dish for dinner.



BF loves it and I love trying to cook new things so it works out nicely. Sometimes things can get a bit hairy when I'm shopping for ingredients, but luckily I can find most things that are scarce in regular grocery stores at Uwajimaya.




This week is Korean Barbeque Beef Ribs (Galbi or Kalbi depending on the region). Delicious. So of course I invite my whole family to eat it as well. I sat down to write my grocery list the other day and my mom asks, "Where are you going to find it? Are you going to Ohgeemygo's?".

*blink blink* Hysterical Laughter.

Iknew she was referring to Uwajimaya, but it always cracks me up when I hear how my mom can twist the names or titles of things. And of course, SHE happens to be right about the name or title, even when I bring it up online and show her the store's website, etc.

Another great example of this is the names of medications. My mom worked in a hospital for YEARS, yet she still manages to not get the names of things right. If you've ever had a cold and tried a popular homeopathic remedy, you should know that my mom will call it, "Ohsillyum" (Oh- Silly-um). Really it's Oscillococinum (Oh-sill-oh-cox-in-um). And she swears HANDS DOWN that she is saying it correctly. (Hint: Boiron awesomely put the pronounciation of the product name on the back of the package so you know how to say it).

So I guess I'll be going to Ohgeemygo's to get my stuff!


No comments: