Friday, May 4, 2012

Sunless and Sunny-less

Ok, so no new pet squirrel, which sort of depressed me last night.  I went home and told BF about it and moped for a few minutes about not having a pet squirrel, which then paved the way for me to mope about not having a mini tea-cup pig for a pet either... BTW, way cleaner than a dog (or two dogs).  Just saying.  It was not meant to be, Sunny the Squirrel and I, and so I move on.  I also raised the subject of BF and I eventually buying a place further out with more land so we could have a mini-farm of sorts.  I would seriously love that.  Also, I would work only part time because farms are serious business.  It wouldn't be a money making one, just one that can sustain our little family.  And I guess at that point it wouldn't be such a little family because I'd have myself, BF, the two dogs, Sunny the Squirrel, Poppy the tea-cup Pig, some chicken (because we go through a lot of eggs) and maybe a goat or two (hello, who doesn't love some goat cheese?).


I digress (probably for the better).


Anyhow, it's Friday!  Which is great because I have about a million things I want to get done this weekend and I can't do them while at work.  Tonight BF has his first 2 softball games of the season (rained out?  we'll see!) and the tomorrow Project Yard Demolition Day begins after the boys pick out their wedding attire.  Once the yard destruction and a run to the dump has been completed I need to log a few more miles and then get cracking on addressing wedding invitations.  I'm still missing a few addresses but I can't wait forever so some will just go out later than others.  At least the majority will go out at the same time.


Also, big news today- BF got an awesome summer job teaching at OMSI!  We are so excited because this is like his dream summer job- he gets to teach kids at OMSI for their summer camp programs (not sure what classes yet) and utilize their awesome space and supplies!  He's worked for summer camps before that were fun but not as well funded so some of the activities were limited.


Hope you all have a great weekend and are able to enjoy the end of sunless days!

No comments: