Friday, October 2, 2009

Almost Friends

There are people that I know that I would like to know better... I consider them "Almost Friends". They know I exist, I know they exist, but for some reason we haven't gotten to know one another better. For the most part I feel like these folks are good people and that we would get along swimmingly if only circumstances were slightly different (and more in my favor).

I kind of hate this.

I've tried to remedy this by putting myself out there and just saying, "Hey, you're pretty freaking awesome and we should hang out". And then usually we do and it's great. And then it goes back to being AF's again.

But you can't rush friendship.

I've also noticed that years later I will have gotten to know these people better and we usually are actual friends who hang out and call each other on a regular basis- and then it comes up in conversation,"Why weren't we friends before this?"

There's never a good answer. How can there be?

Timing? Schedules? Differring interests? No.

Don't rush the good stuff. But I want to. I'm impulsive and young and ready to face anything.


... and you can never have too many good friends.

No comments: